Hazte Premium para esconder la publicidad
Publicaciones: 13   Visitado por: 52 users
12.06.2011 - 05:54
Hey Ivan, Amok

A few issues about accuracy in some countries (based on wikipedia). Other players are welcome to post here anything they've noticed too.

FRANCE.

You seem to have taken different definitions of cities for Lyon and Marseille and some other French cities.

- Marseille (city proper), has 850 000 inhabitants, as you correctly reported. It also has an urban area of 1.6 million inhabitants.

- Lyon (city proper) 474 946 people. Urban area: 1 757 180.

In the game, you've used urban area for the latter, and city proper for the former. As a resident of Marseille, and born there, I take offence. In addition, and wikipedia will back me up, Marseille is France's 2nd most important city after Paris in terms of economical output, and France sorely needs a relevant port (since Bordeaux really sucks: can't reach anything from Bordeaux).

So, I'd like you to look into this, if possible, and make the correct changes (either downgrading Lyon, or buffing up Marseille to better reflect its importance. And while you're at it, Toulouse and Bordeaux are misrepresented. Bordeaux definitely DOESN'T have 1 million inhabitants).

Thanks.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.06.2011 - 06:04
LONDON - PARIS

Same discrepancy. You've used the Metro Area value of 13 million for London, whereas the city proper has 7.5 million inhab. This doesn't make a difference for n° of reinforcements, but it does beg the question: why isn't Paris represented in such a way? Indeed, Paris' city has 2.2 mln inhabitants, as you correctly programmed. But the Metro area (and even the smaller urban area) are both larger than London's respective areas.

In addition, the GDP of Paris is equal to that of London in many sources, if not higher (PWC for example): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_GDP

So, a rebalancing is in order, I think. Either reduce London's population and income (which wouldn't do much), or increase Paris' income and reinforcements.

LISBON - ATHENS

According to the above link, Athens has a smaller GMP (Gross Municipal Product) than Lisbon - it is not so in-game.

MILAN - ROME - BARCELONA

The difference in income between Milan and Rome should not be so stark. In addition, Barcelona's income should be higher than both these cities. Of course, putting absolute values would be ideal but not practical. I'm only advocating a relative shift to better reflect relative sizes. Note that the buff to Barcelona should only occurr if you're gonna use "Greater Barcelona" in its definition (3.2 million = more reinf.)
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.06.2011 - 06:35
Also, just noticed that Paris' GDP when selecting and when actually the game has started is different
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.06.2011 - 07:15
In game Greece is richer than Austria, this is a great game
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.06.2011 - 15:27
I've also noticed a lot of discrepancies concerning city populations. I know the income is done proportional to the population or something like that?

There are also a LOT of nations that have higher listed populations, yet receive fewer reinforcements.

Also, how were national incomes calculated? Because the shanghai province sure as hell doesn't have a higher GDP than germany.

I realize the you guys did this to create actual competition, rather than have a war between the u.s. and western europe. But how exactly were the boosted incomes calculated?

For example, did you only slightly boost eastern europe's income, while massively boosting the income of africa? Did you use some sort of weird curve?
----
lol. NO!
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.06.2011 - 20:57
Btw population of Kaohsiung, Taiwan ROC nearly doubled. 1.5 mil to 2.8 mil

they combined the outer county with the city and now it consists of a mountain near 4000 meters high and a port at sea level.

and it seems like New York and DC's populations are listed as the metro population.

>implying Taipei should have 6 mil people and Tokyo-35 mil
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.06.2011 - 22:25
As far as city income goes, it is my understanding that the income of an individual city comes from only what percentage of the population of the city's country the city contains and then it, thus, takes that analogous percentage of that countries income (derived from the gdp, with a curve for balance of course.) This is because it would be simply impossible to obtain statistics on every city in the game as far as gross domestic product goes.

Now with respect to the differences between how populations for cities were calculated, it is certainly a grey area. Because what one defines as an 'urban area', another could define as a 'metropolitan area' which could lead to numbers coming out millions apart. I'll take the two cities I know well to use as an Example. Tokyo and New York. The city proper population of New York is only 8 million but this certainly doesn't depict the best and most realistic picuture of the city. To calculate for the 'urban area' the more conservative measurers would probably take only the directly surrounding cities and come out with about 10 million. Others, on the other hand, could stretch as far as taking in all of Jersey City and its suburbs, all of long island, the majority of connecticut (counting cities as far as New Haven as child satellite cities) and a good portion of the suburban area and come up with an 'urban area' estimate or almost 32 million. Tokyo also sees this problem. Just counting the city proper population would be a terribly inaccurate picture of how the city works and functions. In fact the entire city is almost at one with the neighbor city of Yokohama so it would make sense to include that. But then why not include other in the vicinity too? It is extremely ambiguous and there is really no right way to do it. So for these reasons, it is probably best to just respect the developers interpretation of the matter.
Cargando...
Cargando...
13.06.2011 - 01:42
Nepal is QUITE UNDER REINFORCED
----
Escrito por Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Escrito por tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Cargando...
Cargando...
13.06.2011 - 11:40
★ SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE GAME! ★
Cargando...
Cargando...
13.06.2011 - 13:31
Escrito por Garde, 13.06.2011 at 11:40

★ SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE GAME! ★

hilarious coming from you
----
Escrito por Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Escrito por tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Cargando...
Cargando...
13.06.2011 - 17:04
Indeed, Fruit.

I don't know, I'm just a bit miffed that Marseilles is so small and not worthy compared to Lyon, simply because developpers took the definition of urban area for one and metro-city for the other.
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
13.06.2011 - 18:06
I know, Athens isn't coastal!
Cargando...
Cargando...
13.06.2011 - 19:22
Escrito por Aristosseur, 13.06.2011 at 18:06

I know, Athens isn't coastal!

Cargando...
Cargando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidad | Condiciones de servicio | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Únete en nuestro

Corred la voz