Hazte Premium para esconder la publicidad
Publicaciones: 18   Visitado por: 127 users
16.08.2015 - 20:33
I have been thinking for a while on how to incorporate scorched earth into this game. For those of you who are unfamiliar with scorched earth policy, it is the military policy that involves intentionally destroying anything that might be useful to an enemy advancing on the territory. In real warfare this was used by Russia during the French invasion of Russia 1812, and again the USSR in WWII. It has also been used during the American civil war, and elsewhere. Essentially the retreating party destroys all crops and food, burns fuel, kills livestock, poisons wells, burns their own buildings and more, so when the enemy captures the territory there is nothing for them to use and will not be able to hold that territory.

Scorched Earth Strategy:
When enemies capture the cities of a player using Scorched Earth, that city produces 50% the number of militia. Captured cities will also lose 50% of their population plus any additional collateral damage, which in turn reflects the number of units the city can produce and well as the income the city produces.

Now I need some help thinking of a way to make this balanced with the combat stats of the player, and how Scorched Earth should be implemented by players.
Thoughts?
Cargando...
Cargando...
16.08.2015 - 20:41
At least historically, that type of policy had to be implemented in a country beforehand, so having it actiovate whenever captured would be wierd. Mabye if there was like a button for each country to scorch the earth that could work, but that seems way too complicated for a strategy
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
16.08.2015 - 20:55
I know what you're saying. I thought it would be cool to incorporate into the game. I just read war and peace so it got me thinking
Cargando...
Cargando...
16.08.2015 - 22:31
 Nero
It seems very strong. There needs to some kind of drawback, but I cant really think of one.
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Cargando...
Cargando...
17.08.2015 - 11:57
Maybe instead of a strategy it could be added as an option to your cities. To make it balanced maybe only a certain number of time per turn/game?
Cargando...
Cargando...
17.08.2015 - 12:33
 Nero
RIP the map in long games
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Cargando...
Cargando...
17.08.2015 - 13:14
What if you could hold a button and make your units attack your own cities?
----
Escrito por Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Cargando...
Cargando...
17.08.2015 - 21:11
Maybe the idea would be like creating a trench or something to slow down the enemy's advance. Or is that not the strategic purpose of scorched earth?
Cargando...
Cargando...
17.08.2015 - 21:34
Escrito por jimmynow, 17.08.2015 at 21:11

Maybe the idea would be like creating a trench or something to slow down the enemy's advance. Or is that not the strategic purpose of scorched earth?

Trenches were used to halt/ slow down enemy advancements into one's own territory. Scorched earth tactics involve leaving/ retreating from an area, but leaving nothing in the area that can be used by the enemy. For instance, crops would be destroyed so the enemy could not use the food supply there, Railroads would be made unusable; roads damaged and bridges destroyed. Cities and villages would be purposely destroyed so that even though the enemy took the territory, it can provide no material resources. Some notable examples is Sherman's March to the Sea during the American Civil War, the Japanese Three Alls Policy during WWII. and the Soviet Union's policies during WWII.
Cargando...
Cargando...
19.08.2015 - 06:48
Soldier001
Cuenta eliminada
Scorched earth really ? used by russian empire, against caroleans and napoleon suceeded only by that time's poor logistics...
you really realize it will work on modern day when logistics are so op and warfare are so rapidly fast ? ...
not even ww2 stalin didn't use such tactics, no support for unrealistic and unsuitable strategy for modern day
Cargando...
Cargando...
19.08.2015 - 10:01
Escrito por RussianDiplomacy, 16.08.2015 at 20:33

I have been thinking for a while on how to incorporate scorched earth into this game. For those of you who are unfamiliar with scorched earth policy, it is the military policy that involves intentionally destroying anything that might be useful to an enemy advancing on the territory. In real warfare this was used by Russia during the French invasion of Russia 1812, and again the USSR in WWII. It has also been used during the American civil war, and elsewhere. Essentially the retreating party destroys all crops and food, burns fuel, kills livestock, poisons wells, burns their own buildings and more, so when the enemy captures the territory there is nothing for them to use and will not be able to hold that territory.

Scorched Earth Strategy:
When enemies capture the cities of a player using Scorched Earth, that city produces 50% the number of militia. Captured cities will also lose 50% of their population plus any additional collateral damage, which in turn reflects the number of units the city can produce and well as the income the city produces.

Now I need some help thinking of a way to make this balanced with the combat stats of the player, and how Scorched Earth should be implemented by players.
Thoughts

Good but i think 50% might lol not might,IS too much.How about 20% or less and then maje a strategy that gives a bonus to this one(scorthed earth) and makes it like 30-40 %?What do you think?
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
19.08.2015 - 10:03
Escrito por Guest, 19.08.2015 at 06:48

Scorched earth really ? used by russian empire, against caroleans and napoleon suceeded only by that time's poor logistics...
you really realize it will work on modern day when logistics are so op and warfare are so rapidly fast ? ...
not even ww2 stalin didn't use such tactics, no support for unrealistic and unsuitable strategy for modern day

Dont underestimate the power of an old tactic soldier.The use of an old and unusual tactic might be the worst thing for an unexpected enemy.
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
19.08.2015 - 10:09
Soldier001
Cuenta eliminada
Escrito por Cold Case, 19.08.2015 at 10:03

Escrito por Guest, 19.08.2015 at 06:48

Dont underestimate the power of an old tactic soldier.The use of an old and unusual tactic might be the worst thing for an unexpected enemy.

lol today no army uses regular infantry divisions, but motorized and mechanized ones not even georgia, that means they can advance through land faster than enemy can scorch land, that's why it's not possible... duh.
Cargando...
Cargando...
20.08.2015 - 12:07
Not even ww2 stalin didn't use such tactics, no support for unrealistic and unsuitable strategy for modern day

Stalin did use it in WWII though. Also the Kuwaitis did it in Iraq in 1991; destroyed equipment and set the oil fields on fire.
Cargando...
Cargando...
20.08.2015 - 12:09
Escrito por Yaddo, 17.08.2015 at 11:57

Maybe instead of a strategy it could be added as an option to your cities. To make it balanced maybe only a certain number of time per turn/game?

Maybe an upgrade you can purchase with SP? "Scorched Earth". Then it can be added as an option to cities.
Cargando...
Cargando...
21.08.2015 - 14:52
 KYBL
I suggested this a while back, didn't get much support
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
24.08.2015 - 14:56
I support it.. It's similar to when you bomb the crap out of cities in order to reduce population/income, except you have to be able to do it to yourself

What about a Scorched Earth" unit, that you leave in cities, and when it dies the income/population goes down?
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.04.2016 - 04:04
Bump, for those of you needing hints. I'll take my payment in the form of upvotes.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Cargando...
Cargando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidad | Condiciones de servicio | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Únete en nuestro

Corred la voz