Hazte Premium para esconder la publicidad
Publicaciones: 26   Visitado por: 148 users
07.03.2018 - 18:47
I've posted on this before, the beginner's room is consistently more populated than the main room. I have a solution for the problem.
Return the beginner's room's level range to 4, or even make it 5.
Allow all players to set level ranges on games instead of making it a premium feature.
That's it, all of the concerns about level parity will be fixed and the main room will once again be more populated than the beginner's room, as the rooms were intended to be populated.
Cargando...
Cargando...
07.03.2018 - 20:10
If that happens, then low levels will leave the game the instant they turn rank 4/5; they'll be thrown into a room full of sharks in main room and be unable to win games. Keep the rank limits as they are, we don't want to drive players away. And also, do you really want to play games with low ranks just for easy wins lol
Cargando...
Cargando...
07.03.2018 - 21:20
Escrito por Player 999, 07.03.2018 at 20:10

If that happens, then low levels will leave the game the instant they turn rank 4/5; they'll be thrown into a room full of sharks in main room and be unable to win games. Keep the rank limits as they are, we don't want to drive players away. And also, do you really want to play games with low ranks just for easy wins lol

But if they play until rank 7 against rank 5- all of their games, when will they learn about their gameplay and become better? We don't want to mantain players being newbs, they have to find out that if they don't want to get wrecked, must improve. No choice. That's simply how almost all good actual players became what they are now.
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
07.03.2018 - 23:16

there are no sharks already, i connect at this hour, and i find 7 games at most, of which 3 of them are rank 7+, 1 is rp, and the rest are on turn 20+ already, and if you somehow find a game, its a 20 players scenario that will never fill
Cargando...
Cargando...
07.03.2018 - 23:30
Escrito por IHavok, 07.03.2018 at 23:16

there are no sharks already, i connect at this hour, and i find 7 games at most, of which 3 of them are rank 7+, 1 is rp, and the rest are on turn 20+ already, and if you somehow find a game, its a 20 players scenario that will never fill

The day you posted today, was just a slow day. I hosted and played a full 20 player scenario game. I totally agree with the "sharks" I personally feel like the main room is filled with WW1 and ViceRoy's games and some 3v3's. The games in the Beginners room are much diverse. Plus high ranks these days take up the habit of trolling and leaving in RP games
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 00:45
Escrito por Guest, 08.03.2018 at 00:29

It also depends what time you are logged in man

Agree. It totally does depend. AtWar isn't how it use to bere where you could log in any time and at least have a couple of GOOD games up with a 30-40 player lobby.
There are even time sets where RPs are hosted because of the player base of RP being on at that specific time.
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 02:20

Who exactly are this sharks?I've seen an R8 that can't make triangle wall,c'mon people just need to be told about game mechanics and unless they are just bad,they'll be fine,btw,the one posted it obviously had to move to main as r5,somehow didn't leave
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 02:44
dont let ranks 9's to play in main room
----
*enough atwar, leaving it for the game of real life
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 03:17
 Domo
Escrito por Conscious Huarck, 08.03.2018 at 02:44

O really...
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 04:50
Escrito por Conscious Huarck, 08.03.2018 at 02:44

rude
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 15:25
Maybe there should be a third room for the high ranks, it would avoid too much discourage those coming out of the room beginner, but I guess that would not really solve the problem...!
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 15:27
Escrito por Apocalypse, 08.03.2018 at 15:25

Maybe there should be a third room for the high ranks, it would avoid too much discourage those coming out of the room beginner, but I guess that would not really solve the problem...!

no cuz midrank/lowrank cant be better if they dont play against high rank
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 15:38
Escrito por Froyer, 08.03.2018 at 15:27

Escrito por Apocalypse, 08.03.2018 at 15:25

no cuz midrank/lowrank cant be better if they dont play against high rank

I agree, but, i don't know if it's possible but for example to do that the midranks who want it can go in this room but not the opposite?
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 15:56
Having three rooms is definitely programmable; it might split main room in half though, and reduce the number of available games. Two rooms is probably best for now; people rank 4- stay in beginners, r4-6 can go in either room, and r7+ are forced to stay in main unless they get a beginners room link
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 17:41

That's why we allow people to set level ranges without premium, so if you're a R5 in the main room you can cap your game at R7 or 8.
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 17:43
Escrito por Asylan, 07.03.2018 at 23:30

The day you posted today, was just a slow day. I hosted and played a full 20 player scenario game. I totally agree with the "sharks" I personally feel like the main room is filled with WW1 and ViceRoy's games and some 3v3's. The games in the Beginners room are much diverse. Plus high ranks these days take up the habit of trolling and leaving in RP games

But even on those busy days the beginner's room has twice the players as the "main" room. Basically the beginner's room is the main room and the main is the "advanced" room.......
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 17:45
Escrito por Guest, 08.03.2018 at 00:29

It also depends what time you are logged in man

The begginer's room almost always has more games up
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 18:06
Escrito por Director Aries, 08.03.2018 at 17:43

But even on those busy days the beginner's room has twice the players as the "main" room. Basically the beginner's room is the main room and the main is the "advanced" room.......

Agreed, I really think that the main and beginners room should be reworked. Maybe keep the r7+ in the main room, but allow the beginner room player's to choose if they wish to allow rank 7+ in their games with a little check mark.
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 19:02
I don't know if it's really a problem to have more players in beginner room.When they will become midrank the main room will grow up.. but if it's a reccurent problem thats mean they leave,maybe a half, by discouragement. Allow all players to set level ranges on games is a good idea, but probably not solve the source of the problem, and if you change the level for 4max, like C_sharp_expert have said, it will be worse, expect if we have a third room, but it will divise the main room in two so not really good too...
An other way do this would be to make better official tutorial with all the game mechanics explain, maybe with a lot of simple video for tb etc, we have already that somewhere in forum but the new player who search in forum are rare i think, and make the program "find a mentor" efficient and bigger; + set level range = probably a large part of the new players will stay in the game after rank 4 and balance the two room just by time.
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 20:41
Escrito por Apocalypse, 08.03.2018 at 19:02

I don't know if it's really a problem to have more players in beginner room.When they will become midrank the main room will grow up.. but if it's a reccurent problem thats mean they leave,maybe a half, by discouragement. Allow all players to set level ranges on games is a good idea, but probably not solve the source of the problem, and if you change the level for 4max, like C_sharp_expert have said, it will be worse, expect if we have a third room, but it will divise the main room in two so not really good too...
An other way do this would be to make better official tutorial with all the game mechanics explain, maybe with a lot of simple video for tb etc, we have already that somewhere in forum but the new player who search in forum are rare i think, and make the program "find a mentor" efficient and bigger; + set level range = probably a large part of the new players will stay in the game after rank 4 and balance the two room just by time.

except half of the people in the beginner's room are on alts because there is no action in the main room, and that makes it harder for real noobs to learn the basics. Dealing with a player skilled enough to be in the main room but basically just playing a nerfed account... There was a time where the roles were reversed, that's back when the beginner's room only went to 4. There were times the beginner's room was empty because all the action was in the main lobby. I think 5 is a good cut off for beginners, if you make it to rank 6, you have played enough that you're as good as you are going to get without playing real competition.
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.03.2018 - 20:42
Escrito por Asylan, 08.03.2018 at 18:06

Agreed, I really think that the main and beginners room should be reworked. Maybe keep the r7+ in the main room, but allow the beginner room player's to choose if they wish to allow rank 7+ in their games with a little check mark.

My cutoff proposal is R5, if you make it past R5 you aren't getting any better without playing real players.
Cargando...
Cargando...
10.03.2018 - 16:16
As someone who was active back in ~2012 as an r10 before I left, and just recently returned, something I've noticed is:

a) how much more difficult it is to get premium (before, you could do surveys, visit partner sites, etc and grind enough credits to get premium without having to pay - now, there's no way to avoid paying)
b) premium unlocks a lot more perks now, meaning the players who are able to $$$ are given much greater advantage than those who haven't / can't.

What this does is create a rigid 2-tiered system with no middle class. Beginners who really like the game (but can't pay for premium) will hit a ceiling at around r5/ r6, because the lack of gold/ crimson medals will really slow their ascent and ability to upgrade/ remain competitive. On the other hand, premium players get the gold/ crimson medals. Then they get a 10% SP discount on all upgrades, which further exacerbates their advantage.

I'm only an r5 right now, but I'm currently hoarding over 1/3 of all my earned sp because I know from experience which upgrades are really valuable based on my strat. Most people (beginners) will get the next upgrade as soon as they are able.

But back to the r5/ r6 ceiling - this is basically a filter through which not a lot of people will pass through. So you have very few people in the Main rooms (I still see some of the oldies hanging about), but very little 'fresh blood'. That's why Beginner is where all the action is.... you have either the:

a) legit beginners, who are involved and interested for the first few weeks/ months
b) alt accounts created by high ranks because they're bored and looking for a challenge to play without all the 'upgrades'
c) guest accounts that anyone can random into.

MAIN will certainly have higher quality players, but the root cause is how to get premium now and all the advantages premium gives you, to make you competitive. Adjusting the ceilings on BEGINNER doesn't address the root cause. You're just going to cause the r6's and r7'sto leave the game faster, rather than help them stay long enough to achieve high rank.

Ultimately, If I can't be competitive, why would I play in a room where pretty much everyone else is op?

And to all those who say rank doesnt make you competitive- that you've seen r5's mop the floor with r8's, etc - those are exceptions/ alts. Not the norm. Having the upgrades of special units, cheaper units, stronger units, faster units, luckier units, ALL OF THE ABOVE, makes a huge difference in the game.
Cargando...
Cargando...
11.03.2018 - 03:11
Or you could join a clan, and that would solve all of your problems. Advise, a solid community, and a shot at premium [Free] are provided by some clans.
Cargando...
Cargando...
14.03.2018 - 22:41
Escrito por Asylan, 08.03.2018 at 18:06

I think we need to take beginner's room down to a cap at 4 or 5 and if rank 5s/6s don't want rank 10s in their game they can change their level range to 0-9 but it should be in the main room. The balance was great when R4 was the cap in beginner's.
Cargando...
Cargando...
16.03.2018 - 11:36
Got an email from Clovis today, he said he'd look into the level range for the beginner's room based on our conversation here. Personally I think rank 5 is perfect for a beginner's cap. Rank 6 takes significantly more SP to obtain than R5, all of the ranks up to 5 are short for a decent player, but if you make it to rank 6, you have played enough for the Beginner's room to no longer be relevant to your development as a player.
In turn, being able to select a level range for your games as a basic (free) account will reduce the difficulty for lower ranks in the main room, as a player not comfortable playing higher ranks can simply filter them out with the selected range.
Cargando...
Cargando...
06.04.2018 - 18:57
Bumping for interest
Cargando...
Cargando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidad | Condiciones de servicio | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Únete en nuestro

Corred la voz