Hazte Premium para esconder la publicidad
Publicaciones: 14   Visitado por: 71 users
03.06.2021 - 20:37
The short description about my idea which I posted in Kaska's topic brought some attention, questions and support.
I decided to further elaborate my revamp idea.
I will try separating this post into several titled parts for easier understanding.

"Clan Wars"?
The base of my revamp is detaching competetive play from clans, but retaining teampay.

My suggestion is renaming Clan Wars room to Ranked, but it can be any other suitable name

*** From this point, Instead of a term "clanwar (cw)", I will use term "ranked game".

"Ranked game" mechanics
In ranked games section, there should be a button leading to the role selection tab.

"Role selection" tab

Image desribes it more than I will. In here, player will decide the folllowing:

• Whether he wants quick(4 min turns) or casual(24 hour turns) game
  • His main role, our of the following:

Automatic pairing system

After player chooses his role, he is then added to the queue, waiting for other players to join with suitable roles, and then the game screen begins to load.
Players then have few minutes to consult on tactics, and game begins when everybody presses some ready button(no pic, sorry ) or after 5(changeable) minutes.

Currently the most balanced - fixed teams

For simplicity and better regulation of the system, the most balanced teams should be a norm:

• Team alpha: UK, France, Ukraine
  • Team beta: Germany, Spain, Turkey

This is what, even now, ends up to be picking order of clans 90% of the time. Exceptions happen if players that get first picks do not play certain roles, so they are forced to pick at a disadvantage.

Team's elo

At the game start, mean value of both teams would be calculated.

Example:

• Team alpha players elo: 1000, 1025, 1050. Team alpha elo: 1025
  • Team beta players elo: 1025, 1050, 1075. Teab beta elo: 1050

Player's seasonal ranked elo will fluctuate depending only on the team's elo.

In this example:
Possible elo fluctuations for alpha team are:

If team alpha wins, ranked elo of every player in team will be increased by 13.5, which means that the new
Team alpha players elo will be: 1013.5, 1038.5, 1063.5

Divisions

To prevent unfair teams, and to motivate players of different skill level and experience to start playing ranked, as well as for players to have their goals for seasons, my suggestion includes divisions of players according to their seasonal ranked elo. I didn't really think much about the exact system, but here is a possible suggest:

All players who played at least one game should be splitted into 10 ranks, and all other players who are yet to play their first game are in one rank.
Rank 0: All unranked players, who are yet to play their game. They start with 1000 elo
Rank 1: Top 90-100% players
Rank 2: top 80-90% players
Rank 3: top 70-80% players
Rank 4: top 60-70% players
Rank 5: top 50-60% players
Rank 6: top 40-50% players
Rank 7: top 30-40% players
Rank 8: top 20-30% players
Rank 9: top 10-20% players
Rank 10: top 10% players

Players of rank 1 would not be able to be in game with rank 8, or similiar. The pairing and possible elo/rank difference between players could vary depending on activity and ending pairing algorithm on its own, but there are more possible possibilities. An example is that every rank can play with 1.5 mean rank bellow/above himself, which means that if there is 2 ranks 7, 2 ranks 6 and rank 8 waiting for the 6th player, he could be rank 6,7 or 8.

Possible trophy/rewarding system

After season ends, ever player could receive trophy of his rank from the season, as well as special trophies for top 3 players of each role, for example:
Summer 2021Autumn 2023Summer 2022Autumn 2021Winter 2022

Pros and cons

I am so tired, it took me so long to make this post, I will finish it soon i promise
As always, apologizes for bad English, 3rd language....
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
03.06.2021 - 20:45
Escrito por Bisexual, 03.06.2021 at 20:37

Pros and cons
I am so tired, it took me so long to make this post, I will finish it soon i promise

pros: it all seems great

cons: dave gonna have a heart attack when he sees all the code he has to change
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
03.06.2021 - 21:07
 temp
Escrito por Bisexual, 03.06.2021 at 20:37

Your English is better than most Americans D
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
03.06.2021 - 21:07
Full Support!
but there is only 1 issue i have... (and it's not playerbase, since algorithm can sort this out, and people from every rank could play and would make a pretty good ranked system).
as Mecoy said, CODING.
If we actually do this, the coding would be enourmous, and I don't even know if Dave can do it all by himself without taking some loooooong time.
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
03.06.2021 - 21:09
We should hire somebody from fiverr or upwork to do the code, there are some people from Tanzania I know who will do it for $2.50 per hour. I don't think they really know how to code but they could try
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Cargando...
Cargando...
03.06.2021 - 21:30
 Dave (Administrador)
Escrito por PleaseMe, 03.06.2021 at 20:45

cons: dave gonna have a heart attack when he sees all the code he has to change

Already did:

Escrito por Tribune Aquila, 03.06.2021 at 21:09

We should hire somebody from fiverr or upwork to do the code, there are some people from Tanzania I know who will do it for $2.50 per hour. I don't think they really know how to code but they could try

Support. Let's hire the Tanzanians, they couldn't make things much worse anyway.

Sorry Pavle, I'm sure its a great idea but would be a nightmare to implement at this point....
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Cargando...
Cargando...
03.06.2021 - 21:36
Escrito por Tribune Aquila, 03.06.2021 at 21:09

there are some people from Tanzania I know who will do it for $2.50 per hour. I don't think they really know how to code but they could try

Hahahahahah support.

I think ex-owners were teached by Tanzanian coders how to make codes, so cannot be more worse than it. As you say, they could try. We give them space, they work and who knows, with some luck they might do a solid job
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
04.06.2021 - 01:06
I don't like this idea, you kill the spirit of the game for me, we don't keep playing competitive because we have games but because we can play with friends and win for our clans and not only for us lol (at least for me) .
We can't even make plans lol it's legit a normal 3v3, and we all know 3v3 are less skilled than cws.
Also we can't 2v2 4v4 or even a potential scenario competitive scene.

No Poland Sweden rnw or Volga.

It's similar but I think this is a better idea adding a new competitive way in atwar with duels and cws https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=18354&topicsearch=&page=1
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
04.06.2021 - 03:45
Escrito por Froyer, 04.06.2021 at 01:06

Did Mirage play one cw this season with Sweden, RNW or Volga? Just curious
P.S Do you like my photoshop skills darling??

Escrito por Dave, 03.06.2021 at 21:30

Sorry Pavle, I'm sure its a great idea but would be a nightmare to implement at this point.... (now the size of letters is good)

You should employ me as designer, see these amazing photoshop skills that I pulled off to make this topic...
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
04.06.2021 - 07:41
 Leo
I don't see how matchmaking system will solve CW issues. This will turn the game too solo focused and get rid of the team aspect. Also AW doesn't have the same hero/picks dynamics as MOBAs to split picks like that.

This would be a perfect system for duels (with settings instead of picks) and player anonymity. The duel season could do well with a fix.
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
04.06.2021 - 07:58
[pavle]
----

Cargando...
Cargando...
04.06.2021 - 12:43
 Lelouch. (Mod)
Escrito por Bisexual, 04.06.2021 at 03:45

Escrito por Froyer, 04.06.2021 at 01:06

Did Mirage play one cw this season with Sweden, RNW or Volga? Just curious
P.S Do you like my photoshop skills darling??

Escrito por Dave, 03.06.2021 at 21:30

Sorry Pavle, I'm sure its a great idea but would be a nightmare to implement at this point.... (now the size of letters is good)

You should employ me as designer, see these amazing photoshop skills that I pulled off to make this topic...

Mirage doesn't have players that like unorthodox picks. However, that doesn't mean they should be eliminated from the game. I also don't like how the country picks are fixed (only one combination of countries). I like how the pick order is currently random because it punishes players who can only play certain countries, like me for instance. It instead rewards balanced players who are consistent with most picks.
Cargando...
Cargando...
04.06.2021 - 19:21
No support, what about cw'ing in other maps?
Cargando...
Cargando...
08.06.2021 - 08:52
Love it
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Cargando...
Cargando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidad | Condiciones de servicio | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Únete en nuestro

Corred la voz