Hazte Premium para esconder la publicidad
Publicaciones: 22   Visitado por: 196 users
12.03.2011 - 00:14
Taken from wikipedia, "Scorpion Attack - A Pincer Attack that is supplemented by an air strike"...
+1 attack to tanks/infantry/bombers
+1 defense to tanks/infantry
+1 movement tanks/infantry
Any thoughts or changes?
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.03.2011 - 00:17
Ehrm what's the negative aspect?
----
Bow down before the mathmagician
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.03.2011 - 01:34
You pointed out something i did not realize.
A Pincer is when you attack from both flanks causing the defending force to be weeker by only enradging the troops on the side. Insted of takeing them on 1-1 now your only attacking the ends of the lines making it your force VS 1 shrinking it down to the middle section.
Would be a great upgrade to the game to have the ability to flank huge forces something like what you propose but i would make the ingame stats something like this
troop A) hits side A troop B gets no defence from troop A on the defending side till troop A has distroyed Attacking troops on the front then they gain there defence on the other side.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.03.2011 - 10:22
Escrito por UrlanderPendragon, 12.03.2011 at 01:34

You pointed out something i did not realize.
A Pincer is when you attack from both flanks causing the defending force to be weeker by only enradging the troops on the side. Insted of takeing them on 1-1 now your only attacking the ends of the lines making it your force VS 1 shrinking it down to the middle section.
Would be a great upgrade to the game to have the ability to flank huge forces something like what you propose but i would make the ingame stats something like this
troop A) hits side A troop B gets no defence from troop A on the defending side till troop A has distroyed Attacking troops on the front then they gain there defence on the other side.

Actualy I use the pincer all the time, just take two stacks of marines, and attack from both sides on your target -best if your attack tanks.
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.03.2011 - 10:22
Escrito por Alexxxxi, 12.03.2011 at 00:17

Ehrm what's the negative aspect?

That's why I always say "what should we change"
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.03.2011 - 14:23
Im just not happy with defence stratagy in the game.
lets take iceland for example. you Build your troops up for a few rounds and Bam you got enuf troops to take out germany or britton? Not a real life sinerio, Obviosly if a Player was controling either of those countrys you would loose.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.03.2011 - 16:39
Ummmmm there really needs to be a negative aspect or that strategy would be waaaay too broken
----
Cargando...
Cargando...
12.03.2011 - 17:22
At url: What if iceland had snowmen?
At Zero: how about -1 range to all naval and -1 def for air?
Cargando...
Cargando...
13.03.2011 - 07:29
Well if you are going to suggest a new strategy I think you should atleast make a nice description or people (like me) have a hard time imagining what the real use of this strategy may be.

So your tanks, infantry and bombers are +1 stronger.
Infantry is defense troops though but ok.
+1 defense to tanks/infantry
Tanks are attack but ok.
+1 movement range to tanks/infantry
Hmm...

So these are the positives you want. This would mean that you want the user to concentrate on tanks, infantry and bombers. Also you want the user to attack with infantry, since you give them an attack bonus.

In the last post you have a suggestion for a negative power:

-1 to all naval and -1 def to air.

So that would mean you only want the player to use air to attack and naval only as defense / when the range is close.

But I still wonder what makes this strategy not overpowered as you concentrate on 3 units being strong and having no clear weakness. Sure, you can suggest infantry being +20 more expensive. Tanks being +40 more expensive and bombers +60.

Perhaps that would even it out.
Cargando...
Cargando...
13.03.2011 - 10:21
Just a suggestion that I think accomplishes the goal of the strategy and maintains balance:

Tanks +1 Attack, +1 Range, +20 cost
Infantry +1 Attack, +1 Range, +20 Cost
Bomber +2 Attack, -1 Defense, +1 Range, +20 Cost
Air Trans -100 Cost
Sea Trans, Destroyer, Sub, Stealth and Marine +30 Cost and -2 Defense

To further compensate for the bonuses, if necessary, I would suggest an additional -1 Def or a -1 HP to Inf, Tanks and Bombers.
----
~
Cargando...
Cargando...
14.03.2011 - 03:16
How about Air Bombadeer?
Stratagy
bombers +1 att/Def+1
Bombers +3 att/Def VS ships
Range +2
Tanks -1 att
Inf -1 att
Boats -1 move

Optional add:any sucsessful attack on a city remove's that citys income for next round from that player's income.

and Pincer stratagy
add to the bottom(only get bonus when conbining attack on same location) this makes it so you have no stratagy unless your useing all the troops combined.
another thing that could be added stack bonuses.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Cargando...
Cargando...
16.03.2011 - 13:07
All nice ideas.
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.06.2011 - 03:43
Is this actually a strat?
----
i know there's an answer i just don't know what it is yet
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.06.2011 - 18:17
Mewnt
Cuenta eliminada
Wait, I fail to see how this can be implemented as an Afterwind strategy. A strategy in the real world would be the best and most effeicient way of taking down your enemies, which is what the Scorpian Attack really is, an attack maneuver. In Afterwind, strategies are temporary modes of upgrades and downgrades for certain units. So how would this even work? Unless we have a list of battle plans and ideas on the side of the screen (like in fighting games which list the button commands needed for the combo, or instructions for a martial arts techniques) I guess this would fit.
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.06.2011 - 18:40
Maybe these bonuses are only given if 2 units (seperated) are attacking one enemy unit it might be a valid strategy.
----
Escrito por Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Escrito por tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Cargando...
Cargando...
24.06.2011 - 05:13
New strategy: "Most Perfectest Defence"

Positive:
Add +4 defence to infantry, reduce its cost by 20 points.
Negative:
-1 movement nerf pls
----
PCCTS Knights Templar | Anti Muslim | Anti Jihad | Anti Cultural Marxist | Anti Nazi | Anti Racist | Pro Monocultural | Pro Mono-Capitalism | Pro European | Pro Conservative |ï"¿ Pro Nationalism | - This is not hate, this is LOVE for our
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.06.2011 - 07:23
 YOBA
New strategy; "Bernd".
+10 autism
+20 likelyhood of joining nationalist movements
-1488 ability at getting a GF
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.06.2011 - 11:42
Okay we all do realize this is a DEAD thread and the last few posts have been shit posts right?
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.06.2011 - 11:52
The first post was shit as well =P OH SNAP!
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.06.2011 - 11:58
Escrito por the99percent, 24.06.2011 at 11:52

I realize that, but having your dumb ass come in here and piss me off wont help- I was recently unbanned from the forums and I dont need to be again, so would you kindly NOT start another flame war?
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.06.2011 - 12:04
 YOBA
Escrito por Garde, 24.06.2011 at 11:58

Escrito por the99percent, 24.06.2011 at 11:52

I realize that, but having your dumb ass come in here and piss me off wont help- I was recently unbanned from the forums and I dont need to be again, so would you kindly NOT start another flame war?

New strategy; "Gardevoir".
+5 false insinuation of making quality posts
+9001 butthurt
-2 ability to co-operate with mods
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.06.2011 - 12:28
As Gardevoir said this was a dead thread. Since we didn't have any useful posts so far I'm closing it.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Cargando...
Cargando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidad | Condiciones de servicio | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Únete en nuestro

Corred la voz