Hazte Premium para esconder la publicidad
Publicaciones: 16   Visitado por: 94 users
23.03.2011 - 18:53
It would be handy if when you get the "username joined" message, it also said what country they chose. Of course we can go look in the players menu, but it would be cool if it just said it right away
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 18:57
Thats a good idea then no surprises.
----
kane:You cant Kill the messiah!
shepard: BUT I CAN!!
*die mother f-er starts to play as he fires a missile from an orca and "kills" kane.*
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 19:14
Then late joins would have even more of a handicap. if your loosing to late joins then your not protecting your capital well or over exerting your froces and building to big of troops.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 19:15
That doesn't sound fair to the late joiner, because you could easily slaughter him before he joins :/
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 19:19
Oh, I misstated.... My point is, when your turn starts, the turn they've joined and the country they've chosen is already public knowledge, it would be nice if it came up in the new turn message screen. Because the turns go so quickly, it's nice to have that key info right there. I'm not saying to announce when they connect and choose a country and are told to wait for the next turn... that would be bad.
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 19:30
Turn time is a totaly different thing then late joins. I agree with you on this point of where did they come from.
But right now you know when some one will be joining by it saying soand so connected.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 19:35
Well, when the game starts, you see what country everyone chose. If, during turn 8 someones leaves and someone joins, then at the start of turn 9 you get a message that says "Jeff Left" "John Joined"
I would like it to say "John Joined and selected Bulgaria"
Right now, I see John joined, and I can zoom out and look for a new color, or go to the player menu and see (and sometimes try to figure out where that country is) so, it just can save a step and where 1, 2 and 3 min turns are so popular, saving clicks is essential.
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 19:45
 vbf
Escrito por Silentg, 23.03.2011 at 19:35

Well, when the game starts, you see what country everyone chose. If, during turn 8 someones leaves and someone joins, then at the start of turn 9 you get a message that says "Jeff Left" "John Joined"
I would like it to say "John Joined and selected Bulgaria"
Right now, I see John joined, and I can zoom out and look for a new color, or go to the player menu and see (and sometimes try to figure out where that country is) so, it just can save a step and where 1, 2 and 3 min turns are so popular, saving clicks is essential.

No.

Stop late joiners by capturing all countries near you.

If you had all that time to build and empire you don't want to lose, you might aswell attempt to prevent its destruction.
Cargando...
Cargando...
23.03.2011 - 19:58
My suggestion has no strategic component at all. its not about preventing late joiners, or nerfing them, it's just about the way information is presented when it is already publicly available.

If we're gonna play 2 minute turns, then I want as much information available in the fewest clicks.

Are you saying that by making people have to click the player list, when they dont and you surprise them because they're not looking and/or run out of tme to look that THAT is your strategic advantage?
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.03.2011 - 00:33
God, all this guy wants is for the game to state where the late joiners joined. You know, instead of having to look and see if Fiji is purple, or having to check the player menu (every second is precious).
----
lol. NO!
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.03.2011 - 02:30
I agree, you should be able to see what country they chose:

Yihka joined (Germany)

: D
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.03.2011 - 13:07
 vbf
Your capital starts with 8 infantry.

Someone who doesn't want you to join could easily send a few bombers and a transport to kill you before you can spawn troops.
Cargando...
Cargando...
24.03.2011 - 14:31
One of the biggest problems I've noticed with late joiners is that you really don't have the option to build units to knock them out.
This is the case with a start on a low-income map, where a later joiner's starting 3000 is a huge advantage, or for countries that have exhausted their troop production already. This is especially common when a late joiner starts as one of the Nordic countries and knocks out the German player. Germany can't just build a few bombers and capture Copenhagen on a whim; most of the time they've already built all of their units in their home country and are busy fighting on 3+ fronts. Someone like Turkey or the UK who will be building troops somewhere else on the map by month 2 can easily knock out a late joiner, but Germany, Italy, India, etc. aren't likely going to be able to build other than reinforcements week.
Cargando...
Cargando...
18.07.2011 - 09:58
You're probably create a situation in which 7 players scramble to capture anybody who joins after week 1's capital if they can, basically making joining anytime after week 1 on maps like Europe, and latejoining on most other maps, impossible.
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
Cargando...
Cargando...
18.07.2011 - 11:28
I still think this should be added.

You won't know what they are before they are actually on the map and it saves the trouble of actually looking what he chose.
Cargando...
Cargando...
18.07.2011 - 12:04
Escrito por Yihka, 18.07.2011 at 11:28

I still think this should be added.

You won't know what they are before they are actually on the map and it saves the trouble of actually looking what he chose.

It takes a second for you to zoom out and see his country. Furthermore, you don't want a situation where a week-2-joiner gets his country flooded before he can even do anything.
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
Cargando...
Cargando...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacidad | Condiciones de servicio | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Únete en nuestro

Corred la voz